[pct-l] how fast do feet change

Scott Herriott yetifan at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 15:18:40 CST 2008

Monty wrote:

<You ask:
Should I start the trail with should 1/2 size bigger,
or wait until I'm busting out of my current runners?
My answer is   No.

Bigger shoes is right.................. but even
bigger.
I wear shoes 2 sizes bigger and big enough they ring
like a bell when I shake them.>

I completely agree.  In fact, I wear size 13 on-trail,
10.5 in civilian life.  Before I did this I was very
prone to blistering, afterwards, hardly any.  Make
sure
to tie your shoe in what's referred to, I think, a
"marathoner's knot".  Hard to describe...anyone wanna
help out with that?

Squatch
www.walkpct.com