[pct-l] protecting hands from sun

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Fri Jan 25 14:08:34 CST 2008

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:
> Kris writes: One more question...What are low cost options for
> protecting hands (other than
> sunscreen)?--------------------------------------------------------------------
> Switchback replies: Go to SunPrecautions.com and get their HandShields.
> They make gloves too, but I just use their ultra light shields.  I have
> used them for years and they work great for protecting the back of your
> hands as you bang along the trail with your hiking poles.

and if you do decide to spring for their sungloves (~$30/pair), you'll
have made a good investment, because not only do they protect your
hands, but they're very comfy and durable! probably my favorite piece of
gear from my pct thru-hike. i wore them all the time, and usually forgot
that i had them on. so far i've put close to 3000 trail miles on them
(always using trekking poles), and while they're beat up, they still
work and are still comfy. i wouldn't go without em!!

girlscout