[pct-l] protecting hands from sun

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 05:36:21 CST 2008

For protecting my hands?
Use trekking poles less.
My hand problems in the sun have only been on the part of my hands that face upward when I'm using trekking poles.  I sew bungi loops on the sides of my packs just for carrying my poles.
If you need your poles, lighten your pack so you'll need them less.  Sounds funny.  Lighten your pack to protect your hands.

Even lower cost? Don't buy trekking poles.

I'm sure someone has different hand problems though.

Warner Springs Monty

>One more question...What are low cost options for protecting hands (other than sunscreen)?

Kris