[pct-l] tarptents and wind

kris kks202 at excite.com
Thu Jan 24 21:06:37 CST 2008

First off, I love my tarptent.  I have been through 7+ inch storms in it.  BUT I have next to no faith in it as far as snow loading, side gusts or very high winds are concerned.  What are people's opinions as far as ultralite tents (ie bug-proof shelters) that offer maximum wind protection?

What do people do when you can only buy a quart of denatured alcohol at resupply?  [Safely] burn it somewhere?

What are people's opinions on [semi-]waterproof fabrics for down bags?  (Nextec etc)  Worth the weight?

Btw, thank you everyone on the hygeine advice, most of which I already practice, but there were a few useful tips, such as the cut off milk jug.

Kris

This is real, thinking is not real.