[pct-l] Maintaining Anonymity on the Trail

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 23:33:29 CST 2008

I knew I had to worry about hypothermia, dehydration, malnutrition,
falling, etc., etc. while on the trail, but a recent thread identified
a concern a had not considered:  PHOTOGRAPHY RISK.  Someone might take
a picture of me.

I've come up with what I believe to be a effective solution.  I have
demoed it for my friends and the response has been positive, with
several suggesting it may be something I should consider for off-trail
as well as on-trail use.

See below for a picture of the prototype.  I hope to implement the
final version in some form of waterproof/breathable material, with
favorable UV protection characteristics, thereby making it
multifunctional and an effective component of an UL gear system.

http://tinyurl.com/34lkfl