[pct-l] Simmer with alcohol stove

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:43:09 CST 2008

Wow, that looks great. I might have to try one of them out...

I currently use a Thermojet which is a less sophisticated stove than
the Featherfire but still works great, it is capable of simmering.

http://www.thermojetstove.com -- I can vouch for it, having used it
for several trips including six weeks in Colorado. It works great.

However, seeing the Featherfire stove I can't help but be impressed.
They come out to roughly the same price (the Thermojet stove is $39.99
now and the Featherfire stove is $29.99... however with the
Featherfire the windscreen is an additional $8 and a fuel bottle is a
few dollars more as well. The thermojet comes with both of those
items) but the Featherfire seems more sophisticated.

Although more sophisticated can also mean more parts to break.
However, the Featherfire still seems pretty reliable. Hard to say
without having tried it myself.