[pct-l] other mountains?

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 23 12:20:13 CST 2008

Good Morning from the cold, snowy SF Bay Area,

All this talk of mountains combined with snow at such low elevations that I can't go out for a bike ride made me look for reading material.

This year's Mt Hood book is written by a SAR doctor, Christopher van Tilburgh, who wrote Mountain Rescue Doctor. It's a good read, full of characters who make various (stupid) mistakes that I would like to avoid.

When I first saw Mt Hood walking north on the PCT, I thought it was the quintessential beautiful mountain and remins one of my favorite.

Enjoy,
...GottaRead but wish it was GottaHike