[pct-l] Umbrellas and desert hear

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 15:49:45 CST 2008

When I did a car tour of the west several summers ago, I'd use my umbrella every time I went to a park that had no shade.  (To look at mud pots bubbling up from the earth, geysers, etc).  It was a god-send.  I don't know how others stood it.  And that was just walking around!!

Donna Saufley <dsaufley at sprynet.com> wrote: Simply stand in the shade on a searingly hot day (with or without hat on),
and the reasons for creating constant shade on your head will become
immediately apparent to you.  Now, weather you want the fuss and weight of
the umbrella, and just how tolerant you are to extreme heat, becomes the
issue.

L-Rod