[pct-l] Cameras

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Mon Jan 21 14:30:24 CST 2008

I got myself a Canon Powershot A-550 last summer, to take the place of a
much loved analog Canon. Weight, with lithium batteries and a 2 meg
card, 5.5 oz. It has alot of nice features, without being super
expensive, if you were to accidentally drop it into a stream or
something. I love the pics it takes, and I do alot of photography work.
Fits nicely into a hipbelt pocket on backpacks too- at least it does on
my Gregory Jade 50. (those pockets are pretty small) This camera will
fit into nearly any thru- hiker budget, and takes pretty nice pics for
the money. I haven't been disappointed.

Peace
KG