[pct-l] camera

Joel Ramey joel.ramey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:11:20 CST 2008

I'll admit, it took quite a bit for me not to take my D100, but after
thinking about it more and more I couldn't justify the weight for a 3 month
hike. The price of a good lens and a light tripod put me to the point of
looking into getting the G6 (lucked out and got a G9 for Christmas!). I
figure with this smaller camera I'll probably get more snaps and will be far
more likely to take it out than I would with my larger DSLR.

That being said, its getting really hard for me to leave my old Nikon F10 at
home, its light, and I'd love to shoot some slide B&W, maybe I'll take it in
the desert if I can get the total pack weight down..now if I could only find
a way to feasibly make water lighter while hiking...