[pct-l] Scott: Rescue at Denny Creek

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Mon Jan 21 10:41:20 CST 2008

There were 10 people on the mountain that day in three seperate
parties.  5 did not come back, 2 more were injured, and 3 have yet to
even be found.  That's 10 people that either misinterpeded or got the
wrong weather forecast.  Apparently the Sheriff's dept and SAR also got
the same one.  The weather question has been talked to death and
millions of fingers have been pointed because of it.  The information
was available.  We didn't find it.  It happened.  There is nothing we
can do to change that now as I sit here about to lose a toe.  This blog
was about us from the first rescuer to reach us.  Scott will always be a
larger than life Superhero to me, weather notwithstanding.