[pct-l] Oregon PCT Names

Scott Herriott yetifan at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 23:50:21 CST 2008

Wayne wrote:

<Pamelia Lake was later named after the creek by Judge
John Waldo, an
 early
Oregon political luminary from a prominent family of
Oregon and
 Northern
California>

In '05, I took the alternative route off the PCT to
Pamelia Lake, which then reconnects. There was some
incredibly beautiful and lush vegetation and streams
just off-trail on this route and it was a bit hairy
trying to get back to the PCT (poorly marked..I was
heading SOBO)...but it was well worth it.  The Mt.
Jefferson Wilderness, generally, is just awesome.

Squatch
www.walkpct.com