[pct-l] small questions re: Frogg Toggs and ear buds

Linda Bakkar lbakkar at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 14:26:18 CST 2008

I have a couple of questions:

First, I have chosen Frogg Toggs for my rain gear.  I loved my old set and
bought a new one for my PCT trek this year, but the new jacket seems heavier
in the neck area, and I think they went to a heavier zipper.  I never used
the neck zipper with my old pair, never ever tucked the hood inside.  Is
there any reason to keep the neck zipper?  I am tempted to cut it off, but I
don't want to make a mistake and regret my cutting decision.

Second, I have a tiny little MP3 player that I will bring on my thru-hike.
I never used one of those before, and I am having fun with it, now.  But the
little foam covers for the ear buds keep coming off.  Is there a way to keep
them on?  Glue?  Some kind of tape?  Or are they even necessary?  Or, should
I have extra sets in case one tears or goes missing?

Lindy