[pct-l] one person's lame, another person's... (+ more topics!)

mark v allemande6 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 12:22:38 CST 2008

...dang.  I could have sworn i had that
aphorism/metaphor thought out to a conclusion.

I gotta laugh at the notion that couples on the trail
are more lame because they don't socialize with
someone as much.  Does that make an introverted, shy,
reclusive single hiker lame too?  Puh-leeze.

Also kinda funny that having more money to spend makes
a hiker inherently more lame.  It sounds more to me
like some people like to have lots of others like
themselves to be around on the hike, and a different
style of hiker makes them less happy, thus leading the
other style of hiker to get branded "lame."

Anyway, i only met about 15 '07ers trail angelling a
couple of days, and lucky for me they were uniformly
gracious and interesting.  But armed with this new
knowledge, i'll keep a suspicious eye out for any rich
and entitled couples out there in '08.

Funny post a couple days back by Alison, thanks!
Thanks again to Len for the ride...hope things are
well at home.

Has anyone thru-hiked with a down quilt instead of a
bag?

Also, has anyone found a tooth powder with flouride?

Also also, has anyone ever gotten a tarptent to really
stay up in storm conditions?  For more thorough
questions (so that you can no doubt provide me
thorough answers (after all, i'm entitled to them)),
check out my trailjournal on trailjournals.  1/17/08 i
talk about // ask about gear.  It's under the name
markv and is new, so you might have to do a search to
find it.

Thanks for the continued wisdom of the list!