[pct-l] Hiker Death

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 19:55:25 CST 2008

I think Dr Lowder died in 2000

Sly

In a message dated 1/14/2008 5:35:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
robert at engravingpros.com writes:

This  year will be the 10th Anniversary of Dr. Lowders death. He was well
versed in  back country travel. He had over thirty years of backpacking
experience,  including the AT and the John Muir Trail. Yosemite was his every summer
play  ground. He traveled world wide, serving as a Cruise ship doctor in his
golden  years. It was his choice not to carry a ice ax on that trip. We will
never  know for sure if it would have helped any way. Because of his exploits I
was  introduced into the world of backpacking at a young  age