[pct-l] desert shirt/alky stove

Eric Payne vaporjourney at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:52:06 CST 2008

I'm no expert on desert hiking, but in my planning for my thru this April, I
nearly decided on the RailRiders Adventure L/S shirt.  I secretly want this
shirt, but decided to go with a Patagonia Capilene 1 shirt, to save money,
and have a bit more warmth at night.  Any shirt with mesh down the sides,
and sleeves that could easily be rolled up would be perfect.

For a stove, definitely go with an alcohol stove.  No matter which you
choose, it will be much easier finding denatured alcohol to burn in your
stove.  I highly recommend just making a simple SuperCat stove.  It costs
less than a dollar, is lighter than the Pepsi stoves, needs no pot stand,
and is durable.  Mine lasted me for an entire AT thru hike, and I plan to
use it on the entire PCT this year.