[pct-l] Hiking Neck Cord

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 16:43:27 CST 2008

FYI: Here are my items I will carry around my neck on a cord as I hike  for
the 2008 campaign.  The weight will be just under 3 ounces.

1.  Chap stick.
2.  Photon light with clip.
3.  REI emergency whistle.
4.  Swiss Classic knife. (same that Ray Jardine used).
5.  Silva compass with thermometer (wind chill chart on back  too).
6.  Emergency data card in waterproof sleeve with medicines needed and
contact info.

I am planning to use a cord I saw down at REI for sunglasses that has  little
foam blocks attached to it.  This is so the cord does not irritate  your neck
as you bang along the trail.

Your pal, Switchback the Emergency