[pct-l] 'Falsie's'---teeth, that is.....

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sun Jan 13 13:10:04 CST 2008

Since I haven't seen any responses to your question yet: While I don't
have dentures (yet!), I do wear contacts. It's just something to be
dealt with, so find a way to deal with it. It seems to me keeping the
gums clean would be important for a good denture fit. A small toothbrush
doesn't weight much. I use a mixture of salt and baking soda rather than
toothpaste as toothpaste is messy if it leaks in the pack.

As for granola, know what you can eat a don't bring the stuff you can't.
I normally stay away from sticky candies as they can pull dental work
out. One night I gave in and stuffed my mouth with something like
jujubes just before bed. The third chew pulled a crown off. Ooops.

For contacts (and these have been discussed here several times) I carry
a small bottle of combination cleaner/conditioner. I try to remove them
early in the evening while I'm not so tired, and take care to use a
flashlight so I don't lose them in my sleeping bag. Cleaning the hands
(Purell?) before putting them in is important too. Maybe something here
will help you.

I'm sure we have others with this issue out there. Hopefully they'll
jump in.

AsABat