[pct-l] How do you measure up?

stewjohns at comcast.net stewjohns at comcast.net
Sun Jan 13 10:20:25 CST 2008

I always seem to have a problem measuring liquids when I am back-packing.
I have a titanium pot and cup, and when I need to re-hydrate a meal, the directions
say add a cup of water, or a cup and a half etc.  I tried to mark my cup with a
felt tip marker at home before I go out, but the mark doesn't last but a couple of
days before it fades away. I know there is a good trick out there for measuring
on the trail, but I never heard anyone mention it.  I know no one carries a measuring
cup with them, so what's the trick?  How do you measure liquids on the trail?

Doc Holiday