[pct-l] Making Your Own Gear

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 08:20:55 CST 2008

Just a reminder for the 2008 campaign.  Go to Thru-Hiker.com and see the kits they have for clothing, etc., you can make and save A LOT of money.  I think making your gear would be very rewarding for the trail.  I have had semi-custom gear made over at nanutakusa.com, but that is the extent of my experience.  And that was expensive.  Ray Jardine was a big advocate of making your own gear.

May be some other folks know of other sites for kits to make gear.  I need some Terminators to make my gear for free.  That would be cool.

Your pal, Switchback the Seamstress Not