[pct-l] Hiking Sun Glasses

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 01:48:53 CST 2008

I just got some new fun glasses for the 2008 campaign.  I got them at  REI
(#749-799-0015 - $120).

They are the Julbo Nomad Photchromic sunglasses.  These are pretty  cool.
They are for low and high light conditions and really work  well.  They are
extra long and wrap around your head very well, so they  should stay on easily in
wind, etc.  And they weigh in at one ounce  with the side shields.

They come with two different sets of side shields that snap into place to
provide additional protection.  I was thinking these might be useful  in the
desert sun and in snow conditions.  It amazing how the light can  zero in on your
eyes from the sides and from the ground below.  I notice in  the desert that
the ground really reflects a lot of light.  This is true  also in the Sierras
when you are around a lot of granite near the trail.

These are definitely worth checking out if you are thinking of a super high
quality pair of sunglasses.

The Switch the Back
PS: Of course, I did not pay for them and used my holiday gift  certificates.
 :-)