[pct-l] safety on the pct

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 00:48:11 CST 2008

I would take pepper spray.  I always carry it for protection from  animals
and humans.  The chances of using it for these things are very  slim, but it is
nice to know I have something that is fairly light and  effective.

Pepper spray works on most humans.  Some who have certain metal  disorders or
certain drugs in their system, you will just make  them angry.  But that is a
VERY small part of the human  population.  I like pepper spray.

Say, I remember the first time I camped out with Can'tQuit.  She was  setting
up camp several yards from me and pulled out a BIG full size, heavy  Bowie
knife just before we went turn in for the night.  I now tease her  about this
big heavy knife she had for protection.  Too funny.  Of  course, camping with a
Trail Pirate, may be this made sense.  I would  not mess with her even if I
was a grizzly.

Cheers, Switchback the Trail Pirate