[pct-l] Resupply information discrepancies

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Jan 9 23:51:02 CST 2008

It’s the “natural variation of information gathering.”  Ben Schifrin was
kind enough to ask us about including our information in the Guidebook, with
the understanding however that there are a lot of day hikers and weekenders
who use the Guidebook, and putting our information there could open us up
for non-stop traffic throughout the year.  We don’t want to burn out on
hosting and need our down time for family, friends, and our own adventures
in the off season.  OTOH, Yogi’s PCT Handbook is generally only used by thru
hikers and dedicated section hikers, so we’re glad to have the info there to
reach them.

I will say that Yogi goes to great lengths to have current information in
her town pages, and updates them from hiker feedback and her own
ground-pounding research, so you get the freshest information available from
her book.  However, don’t discount sources she doesn’t focus on that you
might find in the Guidebook.  We’ve seen people who are using solely the
Guidebook who are having a great time and enjoying their adventure.

L-Rod

   _____