[pct-l] Northbd hike entry to canada

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Sun Jan 6 21:16:10 CST 2008

Good evening, Bonnie,

I've known hikers who finished at Manning, got on the bus for Vancouver,
then continued directly to the US.  They have done so without having an
entry permit, without having visited the RCMP at Hope, and without having
surrendered the permit to Immigration Canada at a border control station.

However, doing so is illegal, and it is discourteous to a friendly and
cooperative host nation.  The Immigration Canada permit process is quick and
easy, and you really should do so.

Steel-Eye