[pct-l] Baby Wipes

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 05:28:52 CST 2008

Wheeew writes: Folks, Please do NOT use alcohol wipes on your skin.....especially on your more "sensitive" areas.  Isopropyl alcohol itself is extremely irritating to the skin and particularly the mucous membranes.  And guess what your.......exit area is composed of????  Key-rect!!!!  Mucous membranes.  H20 if you have it, is your best bet.....along with a gentle, non-rinse soap perhaps.  Or just stink!  We all smell alike out there anyway, and we cancel each other out.  And the flat-landers???  Heck with em if they can't take a joke!  Just say NO to ETOH!!!  (Other than the drinkin' kind, perhaps.)
Switchback replies: That is a good point.  We are all different.  What works fine for one person over the years may not be for someone else.  Especially when it comes to sanitation, etc.  I like the non rinse soap idea.  I have used it on the trail too, but not with TP.  Thanks.