[pct-l] ? about TP and boxes

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Thu Jan 3 01:28:58 CST 2008

OK, since we are all bein silly here....why not just use the "used"
pages from your books you all tore up for your hike? I mean, once you
have "passed that way", you no longer need them, right? Why not reuse
them as TP? Seems logical to me....somethin like the ole' Sears Roebuck
catolog of old. *LOL*

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Love the idea of kleenex, and of baby wipes, although the baby wipes
idea would seem to me, to be a bit heavy, compared to TP and kleenex.
But, baby wipes have more than one use- can use them to clean up after a
particularly dirty day, if one chooses to. I know we used them in the
desert alot- even if one isn't hiking, you just cannot avoid the
"creeping crud" one collects when down in the desert. That crap collects
on everything, animate OR inanimate. *L* You could shower once an hour
and STILL feel dirty at the end of the day!!!! I remember slathering
lotion on before my shower, and then drying off with baby oil, when we
spent those 2 years down there...only way to keep one's skin reasonably
hydrated.

BTW, found some excellent lotion for burnt/dried out skin...tried it out
this last summer after sitting over a creek gold sluicing all day up in
the high country. =) It's called "Renew" Intensive Skin Therapy (by
Melaleuca, Inc- www.melaleuca.com)...and by golly the stuff works!! A
friend gave me an 8 oz bottle of it, and I transferred some to 1 oz
bottles for my backpack kit, as it cools and soothes burnt skin, and for
some reason, helps keep it from peeling like mad. It's a clinically
proven product. I absolutely fell in love with it this summer, and I'm
*not* too easy to convince. It's not greasy, and doesn't leave your skin
feeling that way, or like it has a layer of goop on it. (I hate that
feeling)  Works great for all over skin care also, as well as dry feet
and hands, etc.....but it was given to me for sunburn care. Just an idea
for those of you who may have to deal with it. I don't generally use
sunscreen, as I'm allergic to most of the ingredients and I tan rather
quickly, and darkly. Oh, and there isn't a mile long list of ingredients
on the back of the bottle!! =) (nice!)

Hope maybe this helps someone in need. Happy New Year all!