[pct-l] Rain

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Jan 2 11:33:14 CST 2008

Recenty there have been inquiries about hiking the nearby sections (D & E)
this time of year.  We had a section hiker arrive last Friday, and he
enjoyed perfectly glorious weather Saturday and Sunday for the start of his
hike.  Sunday night the relentless winds began , and temps dropped to the
low 40s where we reside at 2,900 ft., less wind chill.  We had gusts of 60
to 70 MPH until this morning, blowing dust and debris everywhere.. It was
undoubtedly less pleasant at higher elevations.  The winds are thankfully
calmer this a.m.  Now the hiker will have rain and snow to finish his
section at Hwy. 58.  Hopefully he will have dropped to the Mojave floor
before the snow piles up in the Liebre mountains.

So, that’s a sampler of winter weather in the high desert.

   _____