[pct-l] Lake Tahoe north

JOHN F PATTERSON yuppatt at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 1 13:03:06 CST 2008

  Could someone remind me of the Park Service link for applications for permits to through hike the trail ?
    I have completed those sections from the border to South Lake Tahoe and wish this coming season to commence north from where I left off in 2004 : Echo Lake / South Lake Tahoe - which portions I did in the one hike that year .
    Further I have been granted seven days in the High Camps ( three camps ) commencing June 30 - along with my sister and her husband and my daughter . Depending upon conditions , of course , it may happen and then again it may not as I recall the huge snow year wherein no High Camp opened , period .
    My second request is this : given that I am low and slow , so to speak - a senior hiker , who might know where such as I could commence SOBO hiking to get to Echo Lake in time to bus / hitch over to meet my family at the High Camps as described above ?
    Yes , I know it depends but any ' stabs at it ' will be greatly appreciated as I might be available - likely will be available , from May 1 on to do such as come south on the PCT accumulating mileage / sections AND ending up at Echo Lake ( where I had left off in 2004 on my way to Canada ) in time to get over to Tuolumne Meadows as above by June 30 .
    I hope I am somewhat clear ( I closely follow the snow pack from the many sites provided herein for which I am very grateful . And - but the snow from Echo Lake north will be my concern and my hope is that experienced local hikers might steer me as to this south bound treks possibilities given that the major factor may well be the snow / weather . )
    All and any thoughts are greatly appreciated .
             Rafter Jack