[pct-l] Musical instruments, stoves

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Feb 29 20:13:59 CST 2008

I have a few questions.

Would you be offended if a fellow hiker brought and played a musical
instrument like a flute or a strumstick?
I have an alcohol stove (like the tuna can style) but I've never used
it except to test it. Seems like it takes a lot of fuel and poses a
hazard of burning yourself easily. Do you find the quantity of fuel
needed for a hot breakfast and hot dinner each day to be excessive?
About how much on average do you have to carry around?
I also have a Sierra stove that burns wood so all you need to do is
gather a few little sticks and carry a spare battery. But it's messy
and bulky.
Which do you think is the better option? Wood stove or alcohol?