[pct-l] The ADZ CONTOVERSY AS IT APPEARS TO AN OUTSIDER

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Feb 29 16:44:07 CST 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 5:07 PM, Slyatpct at aol.com wrote:
> The numbers on the PCT are NOT going to decline.  I suggest y'all
> (including the postmistress in Warner Springs) get used to it and
> try to learn how to deal with it and bring the trail
> "infrastructure" up to speed, rather than fight it.

As awkward as the PCT wave might be for postmasters, it would be even
stranger for them not to accommodate it. If you view them as
government employees, then they are supposed to serve the public.
If you view them as corporate employees, then they are supposed to
serve the customer. Anyway you look at it they really shouldn't be
responding by discouraging the use of their services.

That being said, I think hikers should be thankful and appreciative
of the post offices and the postal employees along the trail.

Radar