[pct-l] The ADZ CONTOVERSY AS IT APPEARS TO AN OUTSIDER

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Fri Feb 29 16:18:44 CST 2008

In a message dated 2/29/2008 2:47:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
zaqueltooocool at gmail.com writes:

And as  she also mentioned the last couple of years the self entitlement
attitude  pisses off everyone who's not a hiker. Remember....you chose to hike the
 trail. Consideration for those you interact with on your hike and the trail
is  more important than you realize. If you're coming through Skykomish the
door  is always open here....year round. We do ask that you respect our home and
our  town.

I won't disagree there.  The "hiker entitlement" stuff pisses me off  too.
If I show up at your house (hostel/PO/motel/restaurant), I'll be on  my best
behaviour, will glady lend a hand, make a donation etc.  However,  that's
another problem and if I'm not mistaken is addressed at the KO.  (or  should be)

Sly

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)