[pct-l] D-Day

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 16:05:17 CST 2008

In a message dated 2/28/2008 4:39:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
public at postholer.com writes:

Excellent idea! Instead of providing easy access to information so  hikers
may draw their own conclusions, let the ADZ set an artificial start  date (a
year in advance) for them. Wow! Brilliant!

-------------------------------------

It's already be noted not everyone leaves that weekend.

Also, not everyone has the luxury of picking their start day much  sooner.
I'm sure most, if not all, have theirs well before the April  1st snow
averages.

I hate to see what y'all would do with the crowds on the AT where there's
5-10 times the hikers.  Granted the "window" is longer, but each week from
March thru May has more leaving each week than from the kick  off.   PO's handle
1000's of packages, not just hundreds and are no  bigger than the pnes on the
PCT.  Shelters, hostels, motels are filled  often. Stores have little to choose
from.  Hikers are resilant and make  do.

Sly

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)