[pct-l] Time for the Annual "Why I Boycott the ADZ" Message

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:51:47 CST 2008

Actually, I don't think it's even that many. ADZPCTKO organizer Sam Merten
made these observations in 2006:

"This is my estimate of hikers on the trail Sunday after the kick-off.
Sunday 15 to 19 left the border 40 to 45 hiker out from the kick-off - 15 to
20 were drop off in Mt.Luguna area 10 to 12 were drop at scissors 10 to 15
were drop off at Warner springs 10 to 15 drop way up the trail. I got these
numbers from hikes and the ride board at the kick-off."

That year we had 157 thru hikers registered to attend the KO, which is the
all-time high. Where the herd exists, it's dozens, not hundreds.