[pct-l] ADZ

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 21:03:38 CST 2008

Scott Parks writes:

Every  year a new batch of hikers comes along and they need to be made aware
of  the underlying concerns threatening The Trail that they as individuals
can  help correct, where those who create the problem  won't.

Scott,

You and L-Rod have officially lost it.  On my list of  "underlying concerns
threatening The Trail" rank;

1) Encroachment by real estate
2) 4WD - offroading - motorcycle use
3) Logging
4) Noise and Sight pollution
5) Air Pollution
6) Traffic safety for hikers
7) Safety around the southern terminus
8) Trash and overuse by weekenders
9) Lack of public awareness
10) Sufficient volunteer base for maintenance
11) Funding for land purchases
12) Funding for maintenance
13) Funding for NFS oversite and public awareness stewardship

Hmmm, how is it that the ADZ even comes up in this discussion considering
all of the other massive and imposing threats to this national treasure?

In what specific ways are you also attacking or opposing these  threats?

You must have way too much time on your hands and way too few problems to  go
so far out of your way to try to make this an issue.

Greg "Strider" Hummel
ADZPCTKO Coordinator
(2008'ers; I know that you are intelligent and can make your own minds up!)
(Registration opens soon!) (Presentation schedule is nearly complete!) (A PCT
historical speaker is lined up!) (Stay tuned!)

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)