[pct-l] Time for the Annual "Why I Boycott the ADZ" Message

Postholer public at postholer.com
Wed Feb 27 15:07:15 CST 2008

Discussion of the impact the ADZ has is a good thing. It's healthy. It's
part of the impromptu checks and balance system, fueled by individual
passion on both sides of the issue.

Some folks wish the whole discussion would just go away. 'They' don't want
their actions scrutinized. I'm very wary of these types.

Every year a new batch of hikers comes along and they need to be made aware
of the underlying concerns threatening The Trail that they as individuals
can help correct, where those who create the problem won't.

So while this whole thing may seem annoying, it's very, very necessary. I
look forward to the civil discussion, this year and every year it's
required.

Scott Parks