[pct-l] A potential member of the ADZ heard

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Feb 27 13:12:33 CST 2008

What’s interesting is how a gathering place brings people that were in close
proximity, but not actually hiking together, to one place.  Most people know
who is directly ahead of them, and have a sense of who is right behind them.
At times hikers are surprised to see just how many were so close.   I
wouldn’t worry about it as much on trail, but you will definitely see it at
gathering places where people zero.  More so here because Agua Dulce isn’t
as large as Big Bear or Wrightwood.  Happens again at Kennedy Meadows.  Then
the pack really starts to disburse, though that wasn’t as true this past
year when the low snow conditions allowed folks to motor on through and not
take as much time off.

L-Rod

   _____