[pct-l] Time for the Annual "Why I Boycott the ADZ" Message

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 14:57:30 CST 2008

In a message dated 2/26/2008 3:43:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dsaufley at sprynet.com writes:

We either regulate  ourselves by spreading ourselves out, or we’ll get
regulated in a way that we  won’t like.

---------------------------------

How do you propose to do that?

That this year for example although any year will do...   From  Campo to KM
is 700 miles.  It's seldom that one can or wants to enter the  Sierras any
sooner than the end of May.  Although I'd like to start doing  10 miles a day the
trail itself and it's waterless sections don't dictate  it.  I'll need to hike
15-20 miles per day or carry several days of  water.  700 divided by 17.5 =
40.  By leaving Campo towards the end of  April it sets me up to reach KM the
1st week of June and helps with passage  through the Sierras.  I could leave
later but that would only increase my  daily mileage which I'm reluctant to do.
I could leave sooner but that  would get me to KM sooner.

As it is, I'm starting 8 days before the KO to avoid the initial crush  and
will be taking more days off than I normally would not to reach KM too  early.
Attending or boycotting the KO isn't going to change  anything.

Sly

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)