[pct-l] 2008 PCT thru hike Blisters

Scott Herriott yetifan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 11:14:04 CST 2008

In '06 I got some Vasque Velocities which were, per
various recommendations, one size bigger than normal
to help stave off blistering.  This still didn't solve
the problem. In Bishop I decided to get a new pair a
half size bigger still, but all the store had were
size 13 (I wear 10.5).  Fearing my feet would slide
around and/or I might resemble a Ringling Bros. clown
(more so than usual) I went ahead anyway and bought
them.  I hiked about another 500 miles that year and
got, maybe, two more blisters.  I also secured work
doing kids birthdays and Grand Openings.  Go big, man.

Squatch
www.walkpct.com