[pct-l] hiking with a little dog

Sandi bowed1heart at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 00:47:30 CST 2008

_____ et al....

  This is a public forum.  Opinions get tossed out right and left.  None of us are going to agree with each other all the way.  And, when someone doesn't agree with us....the key is to pretend you're a duck.  Even if you feel you're right.  Even if you KNOW you're right.  Be a duck.  Let it roll off.  It's an opinion....even a heart felt opinion...but an opinion all the same.  Then, we can shake hands and keep walking.  HYOH, LYOL (Live Your Own Life).  Sometimes our paths cross, sometimes they don't....but opinions are opinions.  "Gosh, thanks for you opinion, I'll consider it."

stewjohns at comcast.net wrote:
    Rena Johnston writes:

  Her
response makes me feel sad, apparently mine and robohiker's concerns were an
annoyance. I was not trying to annoy her, I have been worried about these
things and wanted to put them out there. So after the response I received,
I'll just wish them the best and not worry. I am amazed at the way people on
this site get so upset with people who don't agree with them 100%, or try to
help with bringing up a different perspective. It really feels like many
aren't that open minded as they want people to think they are.
  Well, have you ever heard the term "Unsolicited Advice"?

  Gail has covered this topic to death, and I can assure you she knows all the problems associated
  with bringing her dog.  She didn't ask for anyones advice, and to impose yours upon her is rude.
  Concern is one thing, but it amounts to criticism when you do it the way you did.  If you were so
  concerned about the welfare of her dog, why not just privately e-mail her and open a dialog on the
  subject rather than malign her in public.

  Really now, this subject has been beaten to death here.  Let it be.

  Doc Holiday