[pct-l] Gossamer Gear "The One"

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Mon Feb 25 21:02:31 CST 2008

Would it be possible to put the pole in the other way, tip on the ground
and handle at the top, or is there not enough room in the pocket for the
handle?

--------------
Len Glasner wrote:
"At the top of the front, where the pole goes through a grommet, I
ended up the pole tip pressing on the spinnaker fabric, as if there
wasn't enough clearance there.  I haven't checked yet, but I think
there must be a little peak in the fabric that didn't get extended,
got to be careful not to punch a hole here."

I worried about that apparent stress point, too, on my initial setup. It
would be upsetting to accidentally tear the fabric when wearily pitching
your tent at the end of a long day. So I took a round plastic cap from a
small plastic container and pushed it topside up into the little peak in
the fabric above the grommet and it stuck there just like it belonged.
That practically weightless addition should protect the pole tip from
punching a hole through the spinnaker.

Palomino