[pct-l] Hiking suggestion anyone?

Tom Bache tbache at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 25 11:40:02 CST 2008

Marion,

If you stay away from San Jacinto, Baden-Powell, and the Onyx Peak area,
almost all of So California is likely to be very nice then (better than
thru-hiking time in May).  ³Likely² means the probability is in your favor,
but there could be a storm that drops a lot of snow above 5000¹.  The snow
will not stay long, but you don¹t want to be there for its brief visit.

A very nice choice would be I-8 to Warner Springs.  This is the almost
always the best time of the year to hike this area.  The weather will
probably be perfect (albeit with a small chance of rain and even some wet
snow), and the wildflower display this year is likely to be spectacular.
In the last wet year every inch of the trail and all the land in sight was
covered with flowers ‹ unforgettable.

I¹ll be sitting in my office wishing I was out there with you.

Tom Bache
San Diego