[pct-l] hiking with a little dog

Rena Johnston renajf at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:54:27 CST 2008

Wow, actually I was referring to one of your entries Jeff about crossing the
Kings River when I was talking about how cold and swift the water was. I
know from experience how hard it is for a little dog to get back his body
heat (harder than a human), and I am only concerned, does a Vet in Michigan
have any idea of what the PCT is like? I realize she has come up with a
carrier for him, I was just pointing out some of the obstacles I feel could
cause problems for them both (losing her footing because of being off
balance from both packs). I acknowledged that I was sure she had much more
experience than me, and had probably thought things out, but I was only
trying to bring up some concerns. And I have read her journal, and did not
see anything suggesting she had made plans with anyone to help in areas that
he wouldn't be allowed, glad to know that and forgive me for being
concerned. However after reading her last post about her hike of Mt.
Whitney, it appears she doesn't always plan ahead that well, and I am glad
to know she is okay from it and I am sure learned a great deal from it. Her
response makes me feel sad, apparently mine and robohiker's concerns were an
annoyance. I was not trying to annoy her, I have been worried about these
things and wanted to put them out there. So after the response I received,
I'll just wish them the best and not worry. I am amazed at the way people on
this site get so upset with people who don't agree with them 100%, or try to
help with bringing up a different perspective. It really feels like many
aren't that open minded as they want people to think they are.