[pct-l] SuperSecrets of the Trail

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 09:17:59 CST 2008

As you know I always put the weight of an item on it with a permanent
marker, so I can evaluate it on the trail.  Is it worth it?  For  example, all my
items in ZipLock bags are marked this way.

Now I also mark the expiration date of food items.  It is easy to  loose
track of food item freshness, especially if you do not use the whole  package on a
particular hike.  For example, I noticed that MaryJane Farms  now has a "best
if used by this date" on the back of their meal  pouches.  I simply mark this
date in large letters on the front of the  pouch.  Simple.

This and many more cool ideas at the April Kickoff Pirate's Lair  SuperSecret
seminar.  Come by and pet Stinky the Lair skunk.  The  Pirate's Lair is a
long time supporter of the Kickoff philosophy ---  of, for, and by hikers.

Cheers, Switchback
"I have two doctors, my left leg and my  right."  ---  G. M. Trevelyan

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)