[pct-l] Camp shoes

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 21 21:37:56 CST 2008

ul hikers do NOT need camp shoes! They are not necessary for water crossings
or town shoes if you are wearing comfortable trail runners.  PCT hikers
usually don't stop early to camp or hang at shelters or walk to a privy at
night so camp shoes are not needed. Crocs weigh a whopping 12 ounces...3/4
of a pound. I can think of a lot of things that I can carry instead of those
ounces. Crocks also lighten your wallet needlessly.

If you still think you need camp shoes try putting a strap on shoe inserts
that you don't need. They're light, don't cost anything and are tiny in your
pack.

...GottaWalk

PS Crocs were also voted useless gear at the ADZPCTKO <G>