[pct-l] Watches

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 20:31:38 CST 2008

Thanks Brian-

I wasn't sure if this watch was "overkill", but thought the solar thing was a good idea....no battery replacement needed.

Wheeew

Brian Lewis <brianle at nwlink.com> wrote: The one recommendation that I have --- learned the hard way of course --- is
to get a watch with a field- (and user-) replaceable battery, and one that's
not really unique/rare/hard-to-find.

I too now use a Suunto, and am happy with it.  I got it on sale a while back
via www.steepandcheap.com.   I haven't been there in a while, but they
seemed to periodically put Suunto watches on sale there, at least for the
while that I was looking.

 Brian Lewis

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/