[pct-l] Help needed from knowledgable PCTers

Kathleen Salmon ksalmon at wesleyan.edu
Wed Feb 20 19:17:43 CST 2008

Hello all,

My father wants to hike a part of the PCT with me, about 10 days. However
his sense of balance is deteroriating. Hot weather aggrevates his
condition.

I am very concerened that he'll teeter off the edge of a cliff or
seriously injure himself from falling. I'm going to make him use trekking
poles (thought that might just add to his cordination difficulties).
However, we tested our packs on a hike and he did fine.

Can any one recommend a strech that is relatively flat, without (many)
cliffs, and relatively cool? I'm thinking a September strech somewhere in
Oregon (preferably Crater Lake).

I'm also considering getting off the PCT in Yosemite or Lake Tahoe and
hike without packs for a week with him.

Thank you!
Kathleen