[pct-l] Pack Waterproofing

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Tue Feb 19 10:59:37 CST 2008

I suggest upgrading to trash compactor bags. They are just a few mils thicker but one or two should last your entire season.

  Robert

............... "Austin Williams" <longwalk2653 at gmail.com> wrote..........

I use a garbage bag on the *inside* of my pack.  I also use an
additional
garbage bag around my sleeping bag's already-water-proof stuff sack -
as I
am super paranoid about getting my down bag wet.  I also keep an
additional
bag handy in case another breaks/rips (never has so far).  Works like a
charm.  Super cheap.  And I plan on having at least one garbage bad
sent to
me in each resupply package.

For clothes, I like ziplock bags (though I only use these for my
socks).