[pct-l] a small suggestion ....

Postholer public at postholer.com
Mon Feb 18 23:44:08 CST 2008

That depends on your definition of authoritative! :)

I consider 2 authorities for complete trail data: The guidebooks and the
USFS data.

Since the guidebook data isn't available in electronic format, the USFS
pct05_1.kmz would (could) be considered authoritative. YMMV.

The postholer PCT google map uses this data for the trace, which is the same
data everyone uses in google earth. All you need is a web browser and it's
available anywhere you have internet. No google earth or high speed
connection required. It works fine on dial-up!
http://postholer.com/gmap/gmap.php?trail=pct

-postholer
<<<
Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places, but I have yet to
find an authoritative set of PCT waypoints for use in conjunction
with Google Earth