[pct-l] Props to Halfmile - Nice Job!

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Mon Feb 18 22:54:59 CST 2008

Interesting plots Bearcan't.

FYI, section H is the only section so far, where the distances
measured by my GPS came up longer than the Databook mileage. As was
discussed on the list a few weeks ago the other sections measured 2 -
3% shorter.

When calculating the halfmile waypoints I compensated 2 -3% so the
distances would more closely match the Databook.

I did not apply any kind of distance compensation to Section H, since
I think it is likely/maybe longer than the Databook says. At least
that was my logic when I was making that map.

You can see in your charts how the distances in Section G more closely
match the Databook because of this.

-Halfmile