[pct-l] Pack Waterproofing

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Mon Feb 18 08:50:54 CST 2008

Good morning, JJ,

I substantially agree with Ken and Monte.  I sometimes carry a trash bag for
my sleeping bag, and maybe a few other items, but I don't use it until
fording is necessary or serious rain threatens.  I like to provide
opportunities for the sleeping bag to ventilate and dry which is less likely
if it's wrapped in plastic.

Everything else, including the pack can get wet in an occasional rain, but
usually the poncho deflects most of the water.  Having lived and hiked for
so long in the Pacific NW I don't find rain to be quite as troubling as many
others do.

Steel-Eye

^^^^^^^^^^  Serious hikers gather at:  http://www.aldhawest.org/  ^^^^^^^^^^